CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (13)

"Waiting on Wednesday"  is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week's WoW is . . .   



Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor


In this stunning sequel to the highly acclaimed "Daughter of Smoke and Bone," Karou must come to terms with who and what she is, and how far she'll go to avenge her people. Filled with heartbreak and beauty, mysteries and secrets, new characters and old favorites, Days of Blood and Starlight brings the richness, color and intensity of the first book to a brand new canvas.  


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Not a full summary, but I DON'T EVEN CARE.

If you remember, I really freaking loved Daughter of Smoke & Bone.  It was dark, different, and stunningly beautiful.  I am not typically a fan of the angel genre, considering just how many times I have seen the myths completely slaughtered, but Daughter of Smoke & Bone still managed to win me over.  Between the gorgeous, lyrical, and occasionally whimsical writing of Laini Taylor and the crazy amounts of imagination and originality stuffed between those pages, it's one of my Top 10 favorites of all time.

So of course "excited" doesn't accurately describe how I feel about this sequel.

It doesn't have a final cover.  It doesn't have a full summary. I know next-to-nothing about it.  I don't care.  I need this book to be mine, sooner rather than later.

What are you waiting on this Wednesday? Leave a link in the comments and I'll be sure to check it out.

13 comments:

Anonymous

I WANT TO READ IT NOOOOOOOOOW.

Rachel

I also don't usually enjoy angel books but loved the first book!
My WoW

Rachel

of this series, i mean

Sarah (The Book Life)

SO MUCH YES!! This book needs to be published now, so I can know what happens next!

Amy

I am really looking forward to this too!! I can't wait for the full summary to be released.

Sam (Realm of Fiction)

It doesn't even NEED a summary for my to want this book. I loved the first book A LOT and seriously cannot wait to get my hands on this. Brilliant WOW choice! I'm also really looking forward to seeing what they do cover-wise. :)

Kathy Martin

I still haven't read Daughter of Smoke and Bone. It has been on my wishlist for a while but I haven't had a chance yet. You make me really want it though. My WoW is here. Happy reading!

Julie

I want this book SO BAD. WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE THE NEED I HAVE TO READ THIS. (Actually, they can, but I'm really bad with words) Daughter of Smoke and Bone was one of my favorite books of last year. :)

Lark Andrea

All the WOWs this week that I have seen for sequels keep reminding me of the books I need to read. I have Daughter of Smoke and Bone but haven't read it yet.

Reading Lark's WOW

Traci @ The Reading Geek

Great pick Lexie! I am so excited for Days of Blood and Starlight too! I loved Daughter of Smoke and Bone, its one of my favorite books ever! I love the title for Days of Blood and Starlight and I can't wait to read what will happen next.

Thanks for stopping by my post!
Traci @ The Reading Geek

Meagan

It's a really good sign for someone to be over the moon about a book that doesn't have a full summary or a cover, but just based on the fact that it's sequel! That's terrific.

Giselle

OMG me TOOOO!! I'm super excited to get some more of this series!

Steph Sinclair

Yes! Me too! I can not wait until it comes out! I'm so excited! :D

Post a Comment