CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Teaser Tuesday (15)

Teaser Tuesday, a meme hosted by Should Be Reading is really easy and fun to participate in. All you have to do is:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teaser





The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

Across the ocean, her father is making one last toast, and the white-gloved hotel staff is polishing the silverware for tomorrow's celebration.  Behind her, the boy with a ticket for seat 18C on the next flight to London is eating a powdered doughnut, oblivious to the dusting of white on his blue shirt.


Hadley closes her eyes, just for a moment, and when she opens them again, the plane is gone.


Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything? 


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


So, quite frankly, I am already in love with this book, and I have only read the prologue.

Now, I'm not typically a fan of prologues.  They're often unnecessary, slipped in for dramatic effect.  But this one was far, far too lovely to earn my stink eye.  If it weren't for the fact that I really need my sleep tonight, I'd be reading on.  I'm about 99% certain I'll love this book.

(see what I did there?)

What are you reading this Tuesday? Leave a link in the comments and I'll be sure to check it out!



11 comments:

Gwen Cole

I'm reading Croak but I'm too lazy to go get it :P But I agree with you about that prologue. I didn't mind it one bit. ^_^

Anonymous

THIS BOOK IS SO ADORABLE AND PERFECT AND WHY COULDN'T I WRITE IT?

Unknown

I LOVED this book! SO sweet and honest and realistic and wonderful!
My TT

Unknown

This book is in my TBR pile already! I hope you enjoy it!

Here's my TT http://shaynagier.com/teaser-tuesdays-322.html/

DHB

I still haven't read this book - I really should get around to it!

Here's my teaser: http://danielleheartsbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/teaser-tuesday-17.html

Amy

I absolutely love that teaser! This is one that is definitely being added to my TBR list right away – thank you for sharing! :)

Here’s mine:

http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/03/teaser-tuesdays-immortal-rules-by-julie.html

Irish

This was such a wonderful book! I devoured it in a single sitting. Hope you enjoy the rest as much as you enjoyed the beginning.

My Teaser is here.

Amy

I absolutely loved this book!! I don't read many contemporaries, but this one tops my list for one of my favorites. It's just written so beautifully.

Anonymous

A great teaser!

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/03/teaser-tuesday_27.html

Sandra Nachlinger

After reading your teaser, I'm definitely getting this book. I love the author's detailed description in your teaser, and the title and cover grabbed me. Thanks for a really good post.
Here's my teaser: Sandy's Teaser

Punya

I loved this book! It was the perfect balance of cute and troubled~

Post a Comment