CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Teaser Tuesday (12)

Teaser Tuesday, a meme hosted by Should Be Reading is really easy and fun to participate in. All you have to do is:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teaser






Mastiff by Tamora Pierce

Rosto looked down.  "I know you're a cat, but you don't have to be cruel," he said.  "It's easy if you're a god, I suppose.  You don't ever lose people."  







This one surprised me by how very poignantly it began.  I suppose I shouldn't have been that surprised, considering it says right in the very beginning of the summary that her fiance has just passed away, but I think some part of me was still expecting the Beka of the last two books, right off the bat.  The hard, determined Beka that almost nothing could touch.  It's both amazing and disorienting to see her like this; not a mess, because of certain reasons, but not her usual self.  I'm interested to see how she's changed after three years.

I picked this quote because it just sort of stuck with me.  I wish I could include Pounce's reply, which is equally amazing, but it's rather long.

What're you reading this Tuesday? Leave a link in the comments and I'll check it out!

7 comments:

Kathy Martin

I really liked this whole series. Of course, there is little that Tamora Pierce writes that I don't love.

My teasers are from Born to Darkness by Suzanne Brockmann and Rage by Jackie Morse Kessler. Happy reading!

Amy

I haven't read any of this series. This teaser is interesting though.

Anonymous

Now, I want to know what the reply is. :P

Unknown

Intersting teaser. Sounds like a fun book.

http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/03/teaser-tuesday.html

Cecelia

I still haven't read any Tamora Pierce. I know that this is unforgivable. *le sigh* One of these days! Nice teaser.

If you’d like, you can check out my teaser here.

Nicole

Great teaser! The series sounds pretty exciting! P.S. I found Terrier at the library ;)

Sam (Realm of Fiction)

I agree with Michelle! I want to hear the reply now. ;) Nice teaser! I hadn't heard of this book before but it definitely sounds interesting.

Post a Comment