CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Teaser Tuesday (13)

Teaser Tuesday, a meme hosted by Should Be Reading is really easy and fun to participate in. All you have to do is:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teaser



Mastiff by Tamora Pierce

"Dress and pack what you need for a stay of three days. Bring Achoo. Tell no one where you're bound or from whom the orders came."  He met my eyes.  "Forgive me, but you're my best choice."








Yeah, another week-long read.  I apologize for the speed, but between school and the fact that these books are rather hefty, it's been slow going.  I'll finish this week. Promise.

Still enjoying this as much as ever.  The pace is a bit slow, but it works for the story; complex, 500+ page long mysteries can't always have action at every turn.  The characters in Pierce's books make every page worth it.

What are you reading this Tuesday? Leave a link in the comments and I'll be sure to check it out.

5 comments:

Cecelia

Best choice for what?! Now I'm curious. Nice teaser!

If you'd like, you can check out mine here.

Hayley

Okay, this is the last straw. I need to start reading the Beka Cooper series. This seems like exactly the kind of mystery/action novel I need after reading a whole mess of dystopian (which I love, but can be tiring at times). Thanks for the teaser (very mysterious, by the way).

Amy

Great teaser. You always pick very good teasers that pique my interest!!

Sam (Realm of Fiction)

I have never come across this book before but that single teaser makes me want to read it! I think it's the 'He met my eyes' bit. ;) Nicely picked. :)

Giselle

I haven't read any of Tamora's books but I keep hearing how great she is I really have to give her books a try!!

Post a Comment