CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (18)

"Waiting on Wednesday"  is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week's WoW is . . .
Splintered by A. G. Howard


For sixteen years, Alyssa Gardner has lived with the stigma of being descended from Alice Liddell -- the real life inspiration for Lewis Carroll's famed novel, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. But cruel jokes about dormice and tea parties can’t compare to the fact that Alyssa hears the whispers of bugs and flowers ... the same quirk which sent her mother to a mental institution years before.


When her mother takes a turn for the worse and the whispers grow too strong for Alyssa to bear, she seeks the origins of their family curse. A set of heirlooms and a moth tied to an eerie website lead Alyssa and her gorgeous best friend / secret crush, Jeb, down the rabbit hole into the real Wonderland, a place far darker and more twisted than Lewis Carroll ever let on.


There, creepy and violent counterparts of the original fairytale crew reveal the purpose for Alyssa’s journey, and unless she fixes the things her great-great-great grandmother Alice put wrong, Wonderland will have her head.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Where do I even begin? With the ridiculously fantastic premise featuring one of the most whimsical, crazy, lovely tales of all time?  With the hauntingly beautiful trailers?  Or maybe with the cover, which is wild and gorgeous and perfectly captures the feeling of encroaching madness.

I just love everything about this, and I expect it to be an insanely awesome read. My only problem?

It doesn't come out until January of 2013. Sigh.

What are you waiting on this Wednesday?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

P.S. There are several giveaways coming up in the very near future, so stay tuned for that!



13 comments:

Cecelia

I agree - this one sounds creepy-awesome, and the connection to Alice in Wonderland just makes it more interesting. Plus, that book cover! Great pick!

If you'd like, you can check out my WoW here.

Keksi

I need to add this to my TBR list like whoa. As Cecelia said, it sounds creepy-awesome, and the cover gets that across very well, too!

Amy

Ohhh Yes!! This was my Waiting on Wednesday last week. I am super excited for this one!!

Unknown

Awesome pick! I am hanging out for this one too! And January to just too far away - time should move faster!

Thanks for sharing!

My WoW
Renae @ Rolling with the Moments

roro

exitedddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Julie

Why did you share this so far away from the release date? Now I'm just as excited as you are. XD Hopelessly pinning. I love Alice in Wonderland spinoffs and this sounds amazing! Great choice, Lexie. :P

Maja (The Nocturnal Library)

I love the premise so much, and the cover is mesmerizing. Great pick!
Thanks for stopping by.

Anita Grace Howard

Lexie, you just made my day! Thank so much for spotlighting Splintered this week! I know, January seems like forever away, but I gotta tell ya, it's FLYING by for me. LOL. So much to do! ;) Nice to meet you, and your blog is gorgeous! Love the colors. :)

Giselle

This sounds really good I love the cover it's very eye catching!!

Traci @ The Reading Geek

I seriously can't wait for this book as well! It sounds amazing! I love love love Alice in Wonderland and I can't wait to read the twist. I also love this cover! Wow January is going to be a long wait though.

Giselle @ Book Nerd Canada

Ahhh what a great pick! Alice in the Wonderland twist! Whooo!
------
Giselle from booknerd.ca
Waiting on Wednesday

Wendy Darling

This is one of those books that has such a fantastical premise that it could be really, really good...or really, really not, hah. Hopefully it's the former! Nice pick for this week. :)

Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

Sam (Realm of Fiction)

I want this book like crazy. How amazing is that synopsis?! Seriously can't wait to get my hands on this...

Post a Comment