CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Shadow Kiss

Publisher: Penguin (Razorbill)
Pages: 443

Publication Date: November 13, 2008
Type: Paperback, received as gift

Is Rose’s fate to kill the person she loves most?

It’s springtime at St. Vladimir’s Academy, and Rose Hathaway is this close to graduation. Since Mason’s death, Rose hasn’t been feeling quite right. She has dark flashbacks in the middle of practice, can’t concentrate in class, and has terrifying dreams about Lissa. But Rose has an even bigger secret... She’s in love with Dimitri. And this time, it’s way more than a crush.

Then Strigoi target the academy in the deadliest attack in Moroi history, and Dimitri is taken. Rose must protect Lissa at all costs, but keeping her best friend safe could mean losing Dimitri forever...



*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


I didn't cry.


Maybe it's because I knew.  Because I've known for so long.  I knew the ending to this novel long before I even received the books, even longer before I started them.  I knew it.  I knew what would happen, and what's more, I know the series's very end.


But it's not just that.


It's also the nature of this feeling; it's not an ugly cry.  It's not a let-the-pages-drink-your-tears kind of novel.  It's just this quiet, overwhelming sadness.  This novel, these characters, weighing on my mind.  I can't shake them away.


I hate it and I love it.







1 comments:

Wendy Darling

Gosh, it's been so fun watching you read these, Lexie. I love this series so much so I am thrilled that you are loving it, too!

Post a Comment