CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Teaser Tuesday (11)

Teaser Tuesday, a meme hosted by Should Be Reading is really easy and fun to participate in. All you have to do is:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teaser
 Bloodhound by Tamora Pierce

"Won't they come after you for mutiny, Sarge?" I asked him.  "You and them in there?"


"I ain't mutinyin'!" he said, his eyes wide and innocent.  "I'm gettin' rid of a cracked gixie as has been makin' trouble in my waitin' room, screamin' mad lies about the Deputy Provost! Gave her the sole o' my boot, didn't I?  Dunno how she got runnin' loose here in Guards House!"


I stood on tiptoe and kissed his cheek.  "You're a wicked one.  Gods all bless, Sarge. Help is coming," I said.  Then Achoo and I took off.


So, a) yes, that is much more than two sentences, but I couldn't help myself, and b) yes, I'm still reading the same book.  It's not that Bloodhound is slow; not by any means.  It's that schoolwork has become my greatest enemy, and other activities have been keeping me busy.  It'll be finished soon, though. I'm almost there.

(Also, just to set the record straight, Achoo is not a human. Achoo is a scent hound.)

What're you reading this Tuesday? Feel free to link in the comments.

3 comments:

Amy

This sounds like a great book. Love the teaser. Thank you for stopping by my blog. :)

Bookworm Lisa

I think I have read all of her other YA series, but not this one. She really does have a way with words. Thanks for the teaser and for stopping by and visiting mine!

Dani @ Refracted Light

I've never read anything by Tamora Pierce, but this teaser is certainly unique and it's got me all curious-like. Thanks for visiting my teaser!

Post a Comment