CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Disenchantments

Publisher: Penguin (Dutton)
Pages: 307

Publication Date: February 16, 2012
Type: Hardcover, bought
 

Colby and Bev have a long-standing pact: graduate, hit the road with Bev's band, and then spend the year wandering around Europe. But moments after the tour kicks off, Bev makes a shocking announcement: she's abandoning their plans - and Colby - to start college in the fall.

But the show must go on and The Disenchantments weave through the Pacific Northwest, playing in small towns and dingy venues, while roadie- Colby struggles to deal with Bev's already-growing distance and the most important question of all: what's next?

Morris Award–finalist Nina LaCour draws together the beauty and influences of music and art to brilliantly capture a group of friends on the brink of the rest of their lives.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I could say something deep. Something about love and epiphanies and  growing up and being a teenager on the brink of everything just wondering what the fuck you're going to do with this whole entire life.  

But I don't want to say that.  Here's what I want to say:

Nina LaCour has the most honest writing I've ever read.


13 comments:

Sam

I haven't read anything by Nina LaCour before, but I have heard good things. I'm curious about this book now after your 5 stars!

Mia

I want this book nooooow. I've been wanting it for months now but my B&N NEVER HAS IT. It has the worst selection ever, I swear.

Though your review is short, is says so much about the book. Because if a book leaves you that speechless, it's more than just good.

It's life-changing.

Amy

Love this review!! Short and to the point!! Fantastic!!

Meagan

Honest is such a good way to describe her books. They're so rich and realistic and she knows her characters so well. I wish she was a factory.

Musings in Red

Hello girlie!

Ran across your blog recently. The layout is as cute as a button. Oh wait...the background DOES have buttons..mmm


Anyways, your bio says that you want to work at B&N when you turn 16. It's funny, because I currently work there myself. It's a lot of work, and it's much more intricate than most people would imagine, but since I love books, I love it. Even when the manager is stressed out, I always have a cute book cover to look forward to. :))

p.s. Keep up your writing! :)

Sarah (The Book Life)

I love this review. Straight to the point and so right on. And I love this book, so I'm really glad you enjoyed it, too :0)

Wendy Darling
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendy Darling

Wow, 5 stars?! I have been wanting to read this for awhile, but it seems it needs to be bumped up the TBR pile after seeing this review! Nicely reviewed, Lexie. :)

Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

Maji Bookshelf

hmm I know many people were let down by this novel but after you 5 star review, I will check it out!

- Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

Traci @ The Reading Geek

Great review! I love that it's short and got right to the point. You've definitely convinced me to read this one now. I was curious about it because I thought it sounded really good but I was still hesistant about buying it. Definitely reading this one soon now!

Hattie

Hey! I don't know if you'll remember me, but I was a Teen Inker and knew you very slightly via the forums before you decided to take a break from TI. My names were peregrinefalcon and later RedheadAtHeart. Anyway, I was stalking you like the freakoid creeper I am, because I recently reread the first three chapters of Don't Need Anyone on TI again and wanted to read the rest. Inkpop/figment/googling your screenname thereof led me here. If you can point me to a place where I can read Anyone in full again, I'd love that. Thanks!

Wendy Darling

Wow, 5 stars Lexie! That's awesome. I need to bump this one up the TBR shelf. Great review!

Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

javediqbal

Title:
The Best High Returns on Best Investment

Content:
Welcome to Make Money Online with best investment in Hedge fund day trading with high returns on Daily Interest the world best revenue sharing program in which High Yield Investment Program, Best Hyip, Best Investment, Hyip Monitor, Forex Fund, Daily Profit, Monthly Interest, Monthly Profit, Earn Money Online, Money Maker Group, Dream Team Money and like this much more and you can withdraw the amount throw referral commission, eCurrency Invest, LibertyReserve, Alert Pay and SolidTrustPay as well. Get 200% profit within 150 days and the minimum withdraw is only $5 which is on daily basis.
For More Details click the link below:

Web Link:
http://www.whatacash.com

Display Name: whatacash

Post a Comment